The main task of the sketch project is to create a prototype of the future automated system. In developing a draft design, the developer determines the main contours of the future system, and the customer, in turn, gets an idea of the main features of the future object of automation and analyzes the possibility of their application in future work.
During the development of a draft project the following are composed:
- Outline of draft project. General information about the project.
- Explanatory note to the sketch project. Introductory information that allows its consumer to quickly master the data of a particular project.
- Scheme of the organizational structure. Description of the organizational structure of a company that will use the created automated system in practical work.
- Structural scheme of a complex of technical means. The technical component of an automated system, which includes a set of servers, workstations, a circuit of a local area network and a structured cabling system.
- Scheme of functional structure. Description of the tasks which will be used in the subsystems. Vision of the sites of the information system and the order of their interaction.
- Scheme of automation. The logical process of creating an automated system from start to finish.
- In addition to a sketch project, a technical specification for the development of new technical equipment may be included as necessary.